GEOS 451 - GIS Data Capture II
This course focuses on the role of remote sensing systems using the Global Positioning System (GPS) for GIS data capture. Learners will gain a deeper understanding of a geographic information system (GIS) by articulating how this relationship works. Topics include passive and active remote sensing systems such as photographic and multispectral systems, as well as image processing techniques, mobile mapping and GIS integration.
- COMM 415
- GEOS 406
- GEOS 410
- One of:
Additional Requisite Information:
- Students must have the necessary system requirements to run ArcGIS Software.
- Students must have the necessary system requirements to run ENVI Software
- Technical Support is not available for Mac users.
- Students outside the Calgary area are advised to use a laptop and are responsible to ensure the invigilation site has the required software to complete your exam.
- Dual monitors are beneficial but not necessary.
- Computers should have microphones and speakers.
Please note: Students are required to be admitted into the BGIS program before enrolling into this course. You can review the Admissions Policy AC.1.5 here. Please contact the School of Construction Continuing Education office for more information:
© 2015-2018, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT). All Rights Reserved.