Nov 13, 2019
Industry relies on database technology to store, retrieve and present information in a customized and user-friendly format. The Database Administrator (DBA) program develops your knowledge of relational database design, system performance, backup & recovery, and database security. The program builds on your existing relevant skills of reliability, logical thinking and good attention to detail.
This intensive 40 week program, designed for learners with previous IT experience, prepares you for challenging and exciting opportunities in database administration.
You will master the technical aspects of database administration, using Oracle tools within Windows and Linux platforms. You will also learn to use and manage existing relational databases, then apply these skills in the design and implementation of new databases in accordance with user requirements.
This program is offered in conjunction with the Oracle Workforce Development Program. With additional relevant work experience and exam preparation study, you will be prepared to successfully challenge and complete the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA designation. Discount vouchers are available to qualified students.
This is a 40 week Fast-track certificate offered over multiple semesters.
Graduates may find employment as an Oracle database administrator, database developer, data analyst or database architect.
- Graduates of the Database Administrator program have a 93% employment rate
- Students possessing prior experience with relational databases (e.g. Microsoft Access) and operating systems (e.g. Linux/ Unix, Windows) tend to be more successful in the Database Administrator program.
- Students with higher grades usually experience more success in SAIT programs.
- This is an intensive program requiring a commitment of both time and energy; students who experience success are those who make their education a priority throughout the program.
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT certificate as a Database Administrator.
The program, offered in conjunction with the Oracle Workforce Development Program, includes core Oracle Education courses needed to challenge the Oracle Certified Professional Database Administrator designation. With additional relevant work experience and additional exam preparation study, you will be prepared to successfully challenge and complete the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Database Administration designation.
Students must attain a PGPA and/or a CGPA of 2.0 or better in each semester and pass the necessary prerequisite courses to progress through the program. To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses, attain a CGPA of 2.0 or better and complete course requirements within the prescribed timelines.
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent, OR,
- A minimum of two years post-secondary education from a recognized university, institute or college.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Due to the tight integration of the courses in the Database Administrator (DBA) program, credit for Prior Learning is not available.