Accelerate your career with SAIT’s new Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management program. With a degree in hospitality and tourism you can advance your career as you move towards managerial, executive or entrepreneurial opportunities in a flourishing and diverse sector. Designed in consultation with industry and taught by hospitality professionals, you will leave the program with a global skill set that can take you to destinations world-wide.
In this post-diploma degree, we provide a personalized approach to learning with small class sizes and professional mentorship along the way. You’ll expand your breadth of knowledge across disciplines as you study key areas including: leadership and project management, intercultural communications, global tourism, sales and marketing, sustainability in hospitality and tourism, and much more.
At SAIT, we pride ourselves on our close connection to industry as we deliver relevant, skills focused education - and this program is no exception. In your capstone course, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with industry partners as you strategically solve a real-world challenge with a comprehensive business plan.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism was named one of the Top 50 Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the world by CEOWORLD Magazine - join the ranks and take your career to the next level with an education that goes beyond borders.
Advance your career with SAIT’s new Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management program. This post-diploma degree will help you move towards managerial, executive or entrepreneurial opportunities in a flourishing and diverse sector.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management degree can pursue careers in hotel and resort management, restaurant management, events and attractions management, tourism management and hospitality entrepreneurship.
To be successful in this program, you should:
- Attend and actively participate in all classes
- Be willing to work in a collaborative team environment
- Be prepared for an academically challenging program
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
If you engage in campus life and take advantage of SAIT services and resources, you may be more likely to experience success in SAIT’s programs.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will receive a SAIT Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management degree.
Students must attain a PGPA and/or a CGPA of 2.0 or better in each semester and pass the necessary prerequisite courses to progress through the program. To qualify for graduation, students must pass all courses, attain a CGPA of 2.0 or better and complete course requirements within the prescribed timelines.
Completion of the following courses or their equivalents:
- A SAIT Hospitality Management diploma or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution, with a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA (67% or C+), AND,
- At least 50% in English 30-1, or at least 60% in English 30-2, AND,
- At least 50% in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Pure Math 30, or at least 60% in Applied Math 30.
Note: Admission alternatives for English include successful completion of COMM 240: Business Communications I or COMN 220: Communications and Presentation Skills.
All applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Competitive Entry: Six Step Process
Step 1: Read the program information to see the qualities needed for student success.
Step 2: Ensure that you meet all of the admission requirements listed above.
Step 3: Review the selection information to understand the process and deadlines.
- Applications and proof of the admission requirements (transcripts and/or anticipated final grades) must be submitted by August 15th to be included in selection.
- Applicants who have graduated from SAIT with a diploma in Hospitality Management with a minimum GPA of 2.3 will be offered admission on a first-qualified, first-offered basis. Once the program is full, qualified applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
- Applicants who have a diploma in Hospitality Management from another accredited post-secondary institute will be placed into selection for review to determine equivalency. Completion of additional courses may be required.
Step 4: Apply to Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management and submit your transcripts.
Step 5: Log in to mySAIT.ca to check your admission status. If eligible, your status will indicate that you’re “In Selection.”
Step 6: Continue to monitor changes to your application status through mySAIT.ca.
Failure to meet anticipated final grades will result in offers being rescinded.