Sep 25, 2021
Become the backbone of a business with the Administrative Information Management (AIM) diploma. Learn to set the bar in office software, productivity, organizing information and solving problems to help businesses run smoothly. This two-year program has unique benefits and is becoming a preferred credential for employers hiring administrative professionals.
Working in teams, you will hone your professionalism, critical thinking and effective communication skills. You learn to create and manage solutions to business information needs through technology, meetings, office procedures and more. Become an expert in project administration and planning events. You integrate business technology with real office procedures.
You can graduate with several Microsoft Office certifications, demonstrating your advanced skills in word processing, database, spreadsheet and presentation software. Working for a simulated company, you integrate all your skills to manage information and creatively solve office challenges. Your final course is a four-week practicum placement. You apply everything you learned in a real workplace and demonstrate your career readiness.
- Two-year diploma
- Fall start
- Laptop-based program using SAIT-issued laptops
- Includes a four-week unpaid practicum placement
- First year courses are also available through Continuing Education
You graduate with in-demand skills in business technology, problem-solving and organization and are qualified for roles such as: administrative coordinator, business support professional, lead processor, project administrator, executive assistant and many more. You can find work in a variety of industries such as oil and gas, health care, transportation, technology and more.
To be successful in this program, you should:
- Attend and actively participate in class
- Spend approximately six hours per week on each course outside of regular class time
- Be proficient in the use of a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Office software
- Be prepared to work in teams
- Become familiar with and adhere to SAIT’s academic policies
If you are engaged in campus life and take advantage of SAIT support services, you may have a greater chance of success in SAIT’s programs.
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT Administrative Information Management diploma.
Professional Designations and Certifications
You have the opportunity to write several Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams in this program:
- Word Specialist
- Excel Specialist
- PowerPoint Specialist
- Outlook Specialist
- Word Expert
- Excel Expert
- Access Specialist
Students who successfully complete Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint Specialist, and one additional certification can also earn a Microsoft Office Specialist Master certification.
The progression requirement for students taking credit courses is a Term GPA and Total Institutional GPA of 2.0, with the exception of English Language Foundations and Academic Upgrading programs.
At least 50% in the following courses or their equivalents:
- Math 10C or Math 20-3 or Pure Math 10 or Applied Math 10, AND,
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- All applicants to SAIT must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.