Dec 05, 2023
Advance your career in accounting with the Bachelor of Applied Business Administration (Accounting). This post-diploma applied degree program is available through full-time studies. Learn from faculty with real-world accounting experience as you develop practical knowledge in taxation, advanced management and financial accounting, auditing, leadership, and more.
This program consists of ten academic courses and followed by two semesters of Directed Field Studies (DFS). In DFS, you secure your own paid work placement, with approval from the Academic Chair, and apply your skills in a real-world setting. You graduate from this program with pre-requisite courses you need to enter the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Professional Education Program.
- Applied degree
- Available through full-time or part-time studies
- Complete in two years of full-time study or up to seven years part-time
- Paid work terms (Directed Field Studies)
- Recognized for the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
You can find work in accounting, financial and information management in business, industry, government and public practice accounting. Past graduates have found positions such as: Accountant, Accounting Manager, Auditor, Controller, Financial Analyst, Project Accountant, and Tax Consultant.
To be successful in this program, you should:
- Invest more time and energy into your coursework to have a higher chance of success.
- Have access to a computer prior to enrolling in the program due the amount of technology used in the curriculum
- Be able to read, write, and understand the English language at a high level.
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT Bachelor of Applied Business Administration degree.
This applied degree is recognized as meeting the pre-requisite educational requirements needed to enter the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Professional Education Program.
The progression requirement for students taking credit courses is a Term GPA and Total Institutional GPA of 2.0, with the exception of English Language Foundations and Academic Upgrading programs.
- Applicants must have completed a two-year Business Administration or Accounting diploma or equivalent at an accredited post-secondary institution, with a minimum 2.3 grade-point average, (67% or C+). This diploma must include a minimum of 20 courses, or 60 credits, and contain the following coursework: Intermediate Accounting, Business Communications, Financial Management, Management Accounting, Systems and Marketing.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Electives (3 courses required)
Note: Not all electives are offered as day time, full time study. For certain electives students will have to study in the evening and/or part time to complete this semester.