Mar 02, 2024
Can you imagine a world without the Web? Can you make it through a day without accessing an online service like Google, Facebook, or Wikipedia? Would you like to be part of the industry that invents and advances the tools that make the online world possible?
This program will provide you with the skills required to enter this exciting field. Whether you want to create corporate websites, develop your own consulting business, or create the next hot Web service, this program will help you develop the creative and technical skills to design and construct user-friendly websites, social media, multimedia, and engage with e-commerce integration, web analytics, design tools and techniques, and consulting services.
- This program includes a practicum placement during which students are provided the opportunity to apply their skills in a professional setting
- Due to the tight integration of the courses in this program, credit for prior learning is not available
Graduates may find employment as a web developer, web designer, webmaster, Intranet developer, or web analyst.
This is an intensive program requiring a significant commitment of time and energy. Students who are successful in this program and profession typically:
- Have higher secondary and/or post-secondary grades
- Make their education a priority (including engaging in consistent self-study throughout the program)
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be awarded a SAIT Web Developer certificate.
The progression requirement for students taking credit courses is a Term GPA and Total Institutional GPA of 2.0, with the exception of English Language Foundations and Academic Upgrading programs.
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent, OR,
- A minimum of two years post-secondary education from a recognized university, institute, or college.
All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders to gather requirements for websites and web pages
- Develop solutions using industry standards and best practice protocols
- Develop web applications using industry standard web software and frameworks
- Use industry tools to manage version control of web content
- Create websites using best practices in user experience and user interface
- Develop essential skills in career management and business consulting
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills
- Explore industry relevant information and build professional networks
- Gain knowledge of the business of web development and the use of social media to promote a website