Become the backbone of a business with the Administrative Information Management (AIM) diploma. Learn to set the bar in office software, productivity, organizing information and solving problems to help businesses run smoothly. This two-year program has unique benefits and is becoming a preferred credential for employers hiring administrative professionals.
Working in teams, you will hone your professionalism, critical thinking and effective communication skills. You learn to create and manage solutions to business information needs through technology, meetings, office procedures and more. Become an expert in project administration and planning events. You integrate business technology with real office procedures.
You can graduate with several Microsoft Office certifications, demonstrating your advanced skills in word processing, database, spreadsheet and presentation software. Working for a simulated company, you integrate all your skills to manage information and creatively solve office challenges. Your final course is a four-week practicum placement. You apply everything you learned in a real workplace and demonstrate your career readiness.
- Two-year diploma
- Fall start
- Laptop-based program using SAIT-issued laptops
- Includes a four-week unpaid practicum placement
- First year courses are also available through Continuing Education
You graduate with in-demand skills in business technology, problem-solving and organization and are qualified for roles such as: administrative coordinator, business support professional, lead processor, project administrator, executive assistant and many more. You can find work in a variety of industries such as oil and gas, health care, transportation, technology and more.
To be successful in this program, you should:
- Attend and actively participate in class
- Spend approximately six hours per week on each course outside of regular class time
- Be proficient in the use of a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Office software
- Be prepared to work in teams
- Become familiar with and adhere to SAIT’s academic policies
If you are engaged in campus life and take advantage of SAIT support services, you may have a greater chance of success in SAIT’s programs.
After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT Administrative Information Management diploma.
Professional Designations and Certifications
You have the opportunity to write several Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams in this program:
- Word Specialist
- Excel Specialist
- PowerPoint Specialist
- Outlook Specialist
- Word Expert
- Excel Expert
- Access Specialist
Students who successfully complete Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint Specialist, and one additional certification can also earn a Microsoft Office Specialist Master certification.
1. Demonstrate collaborative teamwork and leadership skills.
2. Demonstrate effective communication skills.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
4. Provide superior client service.
5. Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
6. Create, store, and retain information.
7. Execute business processes and procedures to improve productivity.
8. Produce effective business reports.
9. Integrate current and emerging software.
10. Manage a variety of daily tasks and business activities.
SAIT Graduate Outcomes
A. Safety - Awareness of safety standards relevant to the workplace
- Safety awareness
B. Responsible Leadership - Personal, ethical and respectful behavior within the workplace and global community
- Teamwork and multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Ethical reasoning and action
- Global awareness
C. Communication - The exchange of information in a professional and effective manner
- Language skills
- Interpersonal skills
D. Information Literacy - The strategies used to become informed from recognizing an information need, to accessing and evaluating information and using it effectively and ethically
- Problem solving and/or Critical thinking
- Quantitative literacy
- Technological literacy
E. Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Technical competence specific to the discipline or industry
- Specialized, technical skill set