Aug 09, 2022
Visual communication is critical to impactful content that resonates with audiences and their experience. Get the tech-skills and critical thinking skills needed to develop engaging content for web-based user experiences, with comprehensive training in the tools and techniques used for web design and development. This program emphasizes project-based and hands-on training, with students working in teams to produce comprehensive and useful media products.
Graduates find employment in specialty new media production houses, agencies, and corporate, educational, or government organizations. Some develop their own freelance and small business opportunities. Work ranges from web design, corporate communications, and digital signage, to educational media, animation, simulation, and game design.
Students who experience success in this program and profession:
- Have higher secondary and/or post-secondary grades
- Make their education a priority by demonstrating excellent working habits and focus
- Embody curiosity and an orientation towards creativity
- Are dedicated to the lifelong learning that is critical to professional success
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be awarded a SAIT New Media Production and Design diploma.
There are no formal accreditation arrangements at this time. Please contact the School of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) for more information.
The progression requirement for students taking credit courses is a Term GPA and Total Institutional GPA of 2.0, with the exception of English Language Foundations and Academic Upgrading programs.
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent
All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Co-op Work Term (Optional)
- Design and create websites, including integrating digital content to meet industry standards
- Apply workflow techniques to media projects
- Employ hands-on technical skills to produce quality media for output to digital or analog
- Apply business skills within a freelance and entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate media-specific employability skills and work behaviours to meet industry expectations
- Use a systematic approach to assess, validate, and create content for web and print delivery
- Contribute individual skills within a team environment to produce a collaborative project
- Demonstrate respect and consideration for diverse cultures in the workplace
- Practice ethical behaviours and comply with legal standards in print and online content